Will the Government ID document replace existing equine passports?

21 Feb 19

No. All equines in the UK will still be required to have the equine passport, as now for
domestic identification purposes.

Most equines will also need a Government ID document in order to travel to the EU.
Those equines requiring Government issued ID will be required to travel to the EU with
both this document and their equine passport.