- Additional meeting will take place on Monday 9 October at Kempton Park
The British Horseracing Authority (BHA) has today announced the addition of a twilight fixture to the 2017 Fixture List.
The fixture will be held at Kempton Park on Monday 9 October.
The addition of the meeting will enable the BHA to deliver international revenues at a time of the year when horse population allows a degree of flexibility. Evidence has shown that the horse population at that time of year is sufficient to deliver competitive field sizes.
This specific slot was chosen following consultation with GBI Racing and the success of the 2016 trial fixtures at Wolverhampton and Chelmsford City after gaps were identified in the French broadcast schedule in particular.
Notes to editors
1. Data relating to field sizes and other key metrics is published on a monthly basis here: http://www.britishhorseracing.com/resource-centre/reports-and-statistics/racing-data-packs/
2. GBI Racing launched as a joint venture company between Racing UK and At The Races on March 1, 2010 and is the sole rights holder for the distribution of British & Irish racing to overseas tote betting retail outlets. More about GBI Racing.
3. The 2017 Fixture List can be found here: http://www.britishhorseracing.com/resource-centre/fixture-list/
4. Details regarding the 2016 trial fixtures can be found here: http://www.britishhorseracing.com/press_releases/trial-of-monday-twilight-fixtures-in-2016/