- The nomination period closes on Wednesday 16 November at 5pm
- Nominations can be made by anyone within the industry including trainers, owners, managers and colleagues
- Awards benefit the whole team, with separate prizes awarded to the yard of each winner
It is the final day to nominate for the 2017 Godolphin Stud and Stable Staff Awards.
The nomination period will close today, Wednesday 16 November at 5pm, for the 13th running of the annual awards that give employers and the racing industry as a whole the opportunity to recognise the outstanding work the some 6,000-strong stud and stable staff workforce carry out every day.
Nominations can be made by anyone within the industry so trainers, owners, managers and colleagues are all encouraged to show their appreciation and nominate someone from their team. Nominating someone is even easier this year with the new dedicated Godolphin Stud and Stable Staff awards website.
The 2017 Award winners will be chosen from a shortlist who will be interviewed by a panel of judges overseen by Brough Scott. The winners will then be announced during the Awards evening dinner and ceremony on Monday 20 February 2017. The Awards are sponsored by Godolphin and run by the British Horseracing Authority (BHA) in association with the Racing Post.
The six categories you can nominate members of your team for are Leadership Award, Dedication Award, Rider/Groom Award, Stud Staff Award, Rory MacDonald Community Award, David Nicholson Newcomer Award with the Employee of the Year being selected from among the winners of the core categories and receiving an additional prize of £15,000, with the same amount going to their yard or stud.
Nomination forms can also be downloaded from the recently launched website www.studandstablestaffawards.co.uk, via www.racingpost.com and submitted by post. Alternatively simply text AWARDS to 07469 145150 and a member of the team will arrange for a form to be sent to you.
Notes to editors:
1. The categories are: Leadership Award, Dedication Award, Rider/Groom Award, Stud Staff Award, Rory MacDonald Community Award, David Nicholson Newcomer Award.
2. The winner of each of the first four categories will receive a prize of £5,000 with an additional £5,000 also being awarded to the winner’s yard or stud. Two runners-up in each of these categories will win £2,000 each, with the same amount going to their yard or stud.
The winner of the Rory MacDonald Community Award will receive £5,000, with the same going to a charity of their choice. The two runners-up will receive £2,000, with the same going to a charity of their choice.
The winner of the David Nicholson Newcomer Award will receive £2,000, with the same amount going to their yard or stud, while two runners-up will receive £1,000 each, with the same amount for their yard. The winner of this award will also receive an additional prize of a 5 day Educational trip to Dubai. Return flights and accommodation in a 5* hotel included.
The Awards will also recognise an Employee of the Year, who will be selected from the winners of the first four categories. That winner will receive an additional prize of £15,000, with the same amount going to their yard or stud.
3. Last year saw the launch of the ‘Rory MacDonald Community Award’, which will acknowledge those who support stud and stable staff or have made an outstanding contribution to benefit the wider racing community. The Awards provide an opportunity for the racing industry to highlight and thank the hard work put in by stud and stable staff across the country, and this award in particular acknowledges people who have had a positive impact on their community.