10.30 am – Oisin Murphy
The independent Disciplinary Panel of the British Horseracing Authority will convene on Tuesday 22 February 2022 to consider the following: 1. Whether Mr Murphy breached Rule (J)24.6 of the Rules by misleading or attempting to mislead the BHA or one of its employees regarding the destination of his travel in order to circumvent Coronavirus (‘Covid’) restrictions 2. Whether Mr Murphy breached Rule (J)24 of the Rules by failing to comply with the BHA’s COVID-19 Requirements, namely: i. misleading BHA Officials by deliberately providing incorrect information to access racecourses contrary to Rule (J)24.6; and/or ii. entering racecourses whilst failing to comply with Government requirements and Racecourse Terms of Condition and Entry contrary to Rule (J)24.4 3. Whether Mr Murphy breached Rule (J)19 of the Rules by acting in a manner which is prejudicial to the proper integrity, conduct and good reputation of the sport. 4. Whether licensed jockey Oisin MURPHY breached Rule (K)55 (Alcohol) due to the presence of alcohol above the threshold level of 54 milligrams of alcohol per 100 millilitres of urine in a sample collected from Mr. MURPHY at Chester racecourse on 5 May 2021. 5. Whether licensed jockey Oisin MURPHY breached Rule (K)55 (Alcohol) due to the presence of alcohol above the threshold level of 32 milligrams of alcohol per 100 millilitres of breath in a sample collected from Mr. MURPHY at Newmarket Racecourse on 8 October 2021.
Notes to Editors:
1. The Panel for the Enquiry will be: HH James O’Mahony, Rachel Spearing and Anthony Connell. email@example.com by Friday 18 February 2022. 3. Details of relevant rules and penalties:2. The hearing will be held in person at the head offices of the British Horseracing Authority. To ensure a safe environment for all attendees due to limited space in the enquiry room, and fairness in terms of access, media attendance will be via Zoom only. Those media members wishing to attend the hearing virtually should express a desire to do so in writing to Mark Scully on
- Rules (J)19, (J)24.4 and (J)24.6 can be read here: https://bit.ly/3F1jQ6g
- Rule (K)55 can be read here: https://bit.ly/3sqMACf
- Details of the penalty structure for breaches of Rules (J)19, (J)24.4 and (J)24.6 can be found here: https://bit.ly/3maRgrD
- Details of the penalty structure for breaches of Rule (K)55 can be found here: https://bit.ly/3sbcbPb
4. The BHA and Oisin Murphy released this statement in December 2021.
Please note, the BHA Judicial Panel is an independent body which encompasses the Disciplinary Panel, Appeal Board and Licensing Committee. It receives administrative support from the BHA via the Judicial Panel Secretary.