- Nominations close on Tuesday 20 November
- More than £120,000 prize money up for grabs again in 2019
- Easier than ever to nominate with online only application process
There is just one week left to nominate for the 2019 Godolphin Stud and Stable Staff Awards, with nominations closing on Tuesday 20 November.
Nominations can be made by anyone within the industry, so trainers, breeders, owners, managers and colleagues are all encouraged to nominate with just a few days left.
Sponsored by Godolphin and run by the British Horseracing Authority (BHA) in association with the Racing Post, the awards offer more than £120,000 in prize money, with up to £40,000 available to a single yard or stud.
Separate prizes are also awarded to the yard or stud of each winner, meaning the whole team benefits from any nominees who are successful.
The 2019 award winners will be selected from a shortlist who will be interviewed by a panel of judges, overseen by Brough Scott, who said:
“There is not long left to nominate for next year’s awards and I would encourage trainers, breeders, owners, colleagues and managers to show your appreciation to the workforce who do so much behind the scenes of British racing.
“These awards are hugely important in giving the industry the opportunity to recognise and reward the outstanding work stud and stable staff do throughout the year.”
The winners will then be announced during a ceremony on Monday 18 February 2019 at the Jumeirah Carlton Tower Hotel in Knightsbridge, London.
The categories are:
- Leadership Award
- Dedication Award
- Rider/Groom Award
- Stud Staff Award
- Rory MacDonald Community Award
- David Nicholson Newcomer Award (for those who have entered racing within the last three years)
The overall Employee of The Year award is then chosen from the winner of the first four awards above.
For the first time this year nominations can only be completed online via the Godolphin Stud and Stable Staff Awards website.
Notes to editors:
1. The ‘Rory MacDonald Community Award’ acknowledges those who support the stud and stable staff or have made an outstanding contribution to benefit the wider racing community. The Awards provide an opportunity for the racing industry to highlight and thank the hard work put in by stud and stable staff across the country, and this award in particular acknowledges people who have had a positive impact on their community.
2. The winner of each of the first four categories will receive a prize of £5,000 with an additional £5,000 also being awarded to the winner’s yard or stud. Two runners-up in each of these categories will win £2,000 each, with the same amount going to their yard or stud.
The winner of the Rory MacDonald Community Award will receive £5,000, with the same going to a charity of their choice. The two runners-up will receive £2,000, with the same going to a charity of their choice.
The winner of the David Nicholson Newcomer Award will receive £2,000, with the same amount going to their yard or stud, while two runners-up will receive £1,000 each, with the same amount for their yard. There is an additional prize for the winner of the David Nicholson Newcomer Award, which includes return flights, a five-day educational tour of Dubai together with five nights’ accommodation in a luxury hotel.
The Awards will also recognise an Employee of the Year, who will be selected from the winners of the first four categories. That winner will receive an additional prize of £15,000, with the same amount going to their yard or stud.