What is the background behind these anti-doping and medication control rules?
The rules relating to anti-doping and medication control are based on trying to create safe and fair racing. They take into account the following considerations:
- What is in the best interests of the health and welfare of the sport’s participants
- What is in the best interests of the integrity of the sport
- What is in the best interests of the thoroughbred breed in the long term
- Will it support international harmonisation of medication and doping rules
- Will it support the spirit of horseracing as a sport