Will I need a Government issued equine ID document and, if so, how do I get this Government ID document?

21 Feb 19

Equines registered with a national branch of an international body for sporting or competition purposes will be able to travel using existing industry issued ID documents. All other equines will require a Government issued ID each time they move from the UK to the EU. This will change if the EU recognises the UK’s studbooks and breed societies.

You will apply for your Government issued ID from APHA at the same time as your export health certificate. Details of this process are available on Gov.uk.