Do I need to book an Official Vet to carry out the blood tests?

21 Feb 19

No. Sampling can be carried out by any qualified veterinarian. But blood samples must be sent to the APHA laboratory in Weybridge for analysis.

However, only an Official Vet can authorise your equine for travel and issue the documentation needed for travel.