- Ffos Las fixture scheduled for 6 January moved to 7 January to replace cancelled fixture at Chepstow
- Mares Handicap Hurdle scheduled for Chepstow on 7 January moved to previously-announced additional fixture at Chepstow on 9 January
- Additional seven-race AWT fixture added at Wolverhampton on 6 January
- Dornan Engineering Relkeel Hurdle to be restaged at Kempton Park on 9 January
- Paddy Power Dipper Novices’ Steeple Chase to be restaged at Wincanton on 9 January
The British Horseracing Authority (BHA) has today confirmed a number of fixture and race alterations, as follows:
1. The fixture that was scheduled to take place on 6 January at Ffos Las racecourse has been moved to 7 January. This is to replace the cancelled fixture at Chepstow on 7 January. This fixture was cancelled in order to facilitate the staging of a rescheduled fixture at Chepstow on 9 January, including the Coral Welsh Grand National which was due to be run on 27 December but was abandoned due to waterlogging.
The additional 9 January card at Chepstow will feature all of the races which were scheduled to be run at the abandoned fixture on 27 December, plus the Mares Handicap Hurdle which was due to be run at the 7 January fixture, making an eight race card.
2. The addition of a seven-race AWT fixture at Wolverhampton racecourse on 6 January to replace the Ffos Las fixture. Race conditions, times and other fixture information will be available via the racing admin site, www2.racingadmin.co.uk, shortly. Entries for this fixture will close at noon on 31 December, with declarations at the 48 hour stage as usual.
3. Following the cancellation of the New Year’s Day fixture at Cheltenham racecourse, the Grade 2 Dornan Engineering Relkeel Hurdle will now be run at Kempton Park on 9 January, and the Grade 2 Paddy Power Dipper Novices’ Steeple Chase will be run at Wincanton, also on 9 January. The BHA is grateful to the Horserace Betting Levy Board (HBLB) for providing funding for these races.
In all cases, full race conditions, times and other fixture information will be available via the racing admin site, www2.racingadmin.co.uk.