• Site built on the foundations of the award-nominated gojumpracing.com
• a one-stop-shop for tickets to all British meetings
• a must-visit site for people planning to go racing
The British Horseracing Authority has today launched a new ticketing and information portal following on from the success of gojumpracing.com which was nominated for Best Promotion of a Sport by a Governing Body at the Sports Industry Awards 2009.
The site is designed to be a one-stop-shop for tickets for all meetings, as well as offering discounts and promotions on many fixtures. Current great offers, some of which are exclusive to the site, include:
• Huge discounts for groups of 10 or more for Tuesday, Wednesday or Saturday of Royal Ascot, including up to 33% off Grandstand tickets and up to £7.50 off Silver Ring;
• 10% off all tickets for July meeting at Newmarket;
• 20% group discount for Coral Eclipse;
• 10% off all tickets for King George VI & Queen Elizabeth Meeting.
As well as providing discounted tickets for all racegoers, the site is aimed at promoting the sport to new audiences by:
• Highlighting the major events throughout the season, again to let the first time race goer identify the big events for a great day out;
• Focusing on social events, with clear listing all of the ladies days, family days, music or festival days and evening fixtures;
• Providing comprehensive Beginners Guides to Racing and Betting, which cover everything from how to plan your day, what to wear, how to bet and how to pick a winner;
• Giving some suggestions of “ones to watch”, such as trainers, jockeys and even some top horses;
• Letting you search for your nearest racecourse.
Jon Ryan, Director of Communications for the Authority commented:
“A day at the races is simply a fantastic day out. We’ve put together this website to make a racecourse visit as simple as possible. Anyone can use the site to buy discounted tickets, and there is a real emphasis on making racing accessible to newcomers, and help them enjoy the experience more by being better informed as to what to expect and what to look out for.”
– Ends –
28th May 2009
Notes for Editors:
1. For further information on www.gototheraces.com please contact Robin Mounsey, Web Editor at the British Horseracing Authority on 0207 152 0048 or email [email protected].
2. The site was developed by HRSM Ltd. For more information contact Harriet Rochester on 07880 777766 or email [email protected]