The British Horseracing Authority (BHA) has today announced that following the abandonment of Sandown’s 7 March fixture, two races will be re-staged at Kempton on Saturday 14 March:
- The European Breeders’ Fund “National Hunt” Novices’ Handicap Hurdle Final (Class 1) (Grade 3)
- The European Breeders Fund Mares’ Standard Open National Hunt Flat Race (Class 1) (Listed Race) (Series Final)
In order to accommodate these two races, the following race has been abandoned from Kempton’s card:
- The Racing Tv Maiden Open National Hunt Flat Race (Class 5)
Kempton’s 14 March fixture will now be an eight race card. Sandown entries will not stand and entries for all eight races will close at 12 noon on Monday 9 March.
Finalised race conditions, race times and other fixture information will be available via the BHA Racing Admin site www2.racingadmin.co.uk shortly.
Regrettably, the Imperial Cup will not be restaged.
Stuart Middleton, Racing Operations Manager at the BHA, said:
“After every abandonment, lost races are reviewed in order to establish the timeframe until the next equivalent opportunity exists.
“In the case of the EBF Finals it is clear that they represent unique opportunities within the programme and are often season-long targets for the horses engaged.
“Our thanks go to European Breeders Fund, Horseracing Betting Levy Board and the Jockey Club for their assistance in re-scheduling these important and valuable opportunities.”
Notes to editors:
1. More information on the assessment process following the abandonment of a fixture is available here.
2. For further information please contact the BHA Racing Department on 0207 152 0050 or firstname.lastname@example.org.