- Bath’s 2nd October fixture will be run as all sprint card
- Fixture on 18th October will be moved to Lingfield on the all weather, apart from the Listed Beckford Stakes
- Beckford Stakes, over 1m6f for fillies aged three and up, will be run at Great Yarmouth on 16th October
Further changes have been made to the final fixtures in Bath Racecourse’s 2017 season due to the effects of chafer grubs on parts of the racecourse.
Bath’s fixture on Monday 2nd October will be run as an all sprint card with the following programme:
The fixture on Wednesday18th October will be transferred to Lingfield Racecourse, with the exception of the Listed Beckford Stakes, which will be run at Great Yarmouth on Tuesday 16th October.
The race programme for Lingfield on Wednesday 18th October, which will run from 14.40 – 17.35 on the all weather, will be as follows:
The exact running order for 18th October will be finalised in due course. The usual entry and declaration deadlines will apply for all re-scheduled fixtures and races.
Jon Pullin, Racing Director at Arena Racing Company, said: “We are pleased to have worked with the BHA to ensure a final race meeting can go ahead at Bath on 2nd October, followed by a replacement card at Lingfield Park on 18th October.
“Transferring the Beckford Stakes to Great Yarmouth’s fixture on 16th October means the Listed contest has a suitable home for 2017. We continue to treat the turf at Bath to address the issues caused by the chaffer grubs to ensure the full course can be ready for racing in 2018.”
Notes to editors:
1. Full details and conditions will be update don the BHA Racing admin site, www.racingadmin.co.uk, from Friday 22nd October.
2. For further information please contact the BHA Racing Department on 0207 152 0050 or via firstname.lastname@example.org.