- Additional Flat card will be twilight fixture on Monday afternoon
- Fixture will provide opportunities lost by recent abandonments and transfers at Ayr and Hamilton
- BHA, HBLB and Musselburgh have organised fixture to support Scottish racing
The British Horseracing Authority (BHA) has today announced that an additional Flat fixture will take place at Musselburgh Racecourse on Monday 9 October 2017.
The fixture will provide opportunities for the horse population which have been lost by recent abandonments and fixture alterations at Ayr and Hamilton, as well as for bookmakers, participants and the racing public in Scotland.
The six race card, which may be upped to seven races if a division occurs, will be run in a twilight slot for a total of £55,500 and has been aided by contributions from the Horserace Betting Levy Board (HBLB) and the European Breeders’ Fund as well as well as support from the BHA Development fund.
The race programme can be seen below, and will feature the Listed Arran Stakes, which was originally due to be run at Ayr on Friday 22nd September .
Entries will close at 12 noon on Wednesday 4 October, with declarations by 10am on Saturday 7 October.
Paul Johnson, Head of Racing at the BHA said: “The recent fixture abandonments at Ayr and Hamilton have meant a loss of opportunities and income in Scotland.
“Monday’s fixture should be a help in both regards and I would like to extend my thanks to Musselburgh, The Levy Board, and the European Breeders’ Fund for their assistance in making this happen.”
Notes to editors:
1. Full details and conditions are available on the BHA Racing admin site, www.racingadmin.co.uk.
2. For further information please contact the BHA Racing Department on 0207 152 0050 or via firstname.lastname@example.org.