Sent by the BHA on behalf of Racing Together
- Over 1500 hours donated by over 50 racing businesses nationwide
- Activity co-ordinated by Racing Together ranged from hands-on work to careers days and environmental clean-ups
More than 50 organisations from across the British racing came together on Thursday 9th May for a record Racing Together Community Day.
Over 250 staff from across all sectors of the sport gave their time in locations from Perth to Wincanton to mark the day, which saw teams from across the racing industry volunteering at locations such as Age UK in Camden and Riding for the Disabled in Cheltenham.
Naomi Wood, Hospitality Coordinator at Cheltenham Racecourse said:
“It was an amazing chance to see what the wonderful people at Riding for the Disabled do, and to see how their hard work impacts on the lives of the riders and their families. We feel very lucky to have been able to participate in this day and have now signed up to volunteer with them in the future.”
Age UK Camden Centre Manager Brian O’Connell:
“We simply would not have had the resources to paint the living area at our centre and the work done by the team of volunteers will brighten and freshen up the space where so many activities for our residents take place. The benefits for both staff and the elderly who live in the area will be tenfold.”
Notes to editors:
3. Racing Together is British racing’s community engagement activity and is a partnership of charities and other organisations who work across the sport to benefit others.
- Racing Together coordinates, supports, represents and measures British racing’s community engagement and CSR activity.
- Racing Together’s vision is for British racing to be known as a ‘force for good’ by helping the communities in which the sport operates.
- Racing Together achieves this by providing practical support and resources to the partnership; hosting an action group to facilitate ideas, collaboration and progress; working on specific nationwide initiatives; hosting inspiring masterclasses and coordinating the Racing Together Community Day; while promoting and sharing best examples of community engagement on an ongoing basis.
For more information on Racing Together, please contact:
Lucy Saunders, Community Engagement Manager, Racing Together.
M: 07387 260 980