RACING TOGETHER – how the sport benefits others
What is Racing Together?
- Racing Together is British racing’s community engagement activity
What is Racing Together’s purpose?
- Racing Together was formed to coordinate, support, represent and measure British racing’s community engagement activity that takes place right across the industry and involves a range of charitable and commercial organisations.
- Racing Together’s vision is for British racing to be known as a ‘force for good’ by helping the communities in which the sport operates.
What does it actually do?
- Racing Together offers practical support and communicates the varied work that takes place across our sport and which provides a benefit to others.
- Racing Together has established a number of national partnerships, including The Racing Foundation, Active Communities Network, Flying Futures, Dame Kelly Holmes Trust and Business in the Community. The charity Racing to School, a growing network of schools, colleges and Pony Clubs are working closely with the sport: the Aintree Beacon and Godolphin-sponsored programme with the Newmarket Academy, being just two examples.
- Racing Together will be providing to charities and other organisations access to a volunteering database for them to match volunteers to opportunities to support their work.
What is the relationship between Racing to School and Racing Together?
- Racing to School is the charity that works with British racing to provide free educational and careers-based programmes. Racing to School is leading Racing Together, incorporating its objectives within the charity’s strategy.
What are the benefits of being part of Racing Together?
- To be recognised as a contributor to British racing’s community engagement work
- Wider recognition for your community engagement activities, which can be promoted through Racing Together’s dedicated website and social media platforms and within Government.
LET US KNOW YOUR ACTIVITIES
We would love to hear about all of your community engagement activities, no matter how big or small. Please email Adam Harman, our Community Engagement Manager, who would be happy to discuss any ideas you may have and to offer support and publicity through Racing Together. Adam can also be contacted on 07387260980.
Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter @RacingTogether
To download our new logo, click here. We are encouraging all charities and commercial organisations across the sport to use this logo to identify and promote our combined community engagement activities.