I am a Jockey from outside of Europe and I have been offered the chance to hold a licence with a Trainer in Great Britain. What information do I need to provide to qualify for a licence in Great Britain?

30 Jun 14

You would need to meet the same licensing criteria as any other applicant (see Guidance Notes in Licensing Forms section).

Additionally, if you are from any country outside the European Economic Area (EEA), you will require a visa in order to work in Great Britain as a Jockey.  Specific guidance with regard to visas is available on the Work Visas and Immigration page. You will need to provide evidence to the BHA that you have the appropriate visa to work in Great Britain as a Jockey, prior to the approval of your application.