- Nominations close 2 December
- One individual and one yard or stud will both win £20,000
- £120,000 in prize money on offer
This is the last week to nominate outstanding employees for the 2016 Godolphin Stud and Stable Staff Awards.
Nominations close a week today (Wednesday 2 December) for the 12th annual awards offering over £120,000 in prize money, which is split between the winners, runners-up and their respective yards.
Trainers, owners, managers, stud owners and colleagues are all urged to act now to ensure some of the hardest working stud and stable staff in Britain are recognised for their dedication and achievements.
The six categories are: Leadership Award; Dedication Award; Rider/Groom Award; Stud Staff Award; Racing Community Award; and David Nicholson Newcomer Award. The Employee of the Year will be selected from among the winners of the first four categories.
The winner of each of the first four categories will receive a prize of £5,000 with an additional £5,000 also being awarded to their yard or stud. Two runners-up in these categories will win £2,000 each, with the same amount going to their yard or stud.
The winner of the Racing Community Award will receive £5,000, with the same amount going to a charity of their choice and runners-up receive £2,000 and the same amount will be donated to a charity if their choice. The winner of the David Nicholson Newcomer Award will receive £2,000, with the same amount going to their yard or stud, as well as a five day education trip to Dubai to learn more about the country’s racing, culture and customs, which includes a return flight and five nights’ accommodation at the Jumeirah Beach Hotel’s five-star resort. The two runners-up will receive £1,000 each, with the same amount for their yard or stud.
The Employee of the Year will receive a further £15,000, with the same amount awarded to their yard or stud.
The winners of the six categories will be honoured during an evening ceremony at the Jumeirah Carlton Tower hotel in London on Monday 22 February 2016.
Nominations can be made here: https://britishhorseracing.wufoo.eu/forms/the-godolphin-stud-and-stable-staff-awards-2016/
Or nomination forms are available to download at: stage.britishhorseracing.com/stablestaff
Alternatively, email firstname.lastname@example.org or simply text AWARDS to 07970 527339 and a member of the team will arrange for a form to be sent to you.
Notes to editors
1. The Awards are generously sponsored by Godolphin and run by the British Horseracing Authority (BHA) with support from the Racing Post.
2. This year sees the launch of the ‘Racing Community’ Award, which will acknowledge those who support the stud and stable staff or have made an outstanding contribution to benefit the wider racing community. The Awards provide an opportunity for the racing industry to highlight and thank the hard work put in by stud and stable staff across the country, and this award in particular acknowledges people who have had a positive impact on their community. For more details about the Award please see: http://www.britishhorseracing.com/press_releases/new-category-added-for-the-2016-godolphin-stud-and-stable-staff-awards/
3. To find out more about Racing’s work in the community visit our Racing Together webpage http://www.britishhorseracing.com/bha/grassroots/racing-together/
4. Also new this year is an additional prize to the winner of the David Nicholson Newcomer Award, of a five-day educational trip to Dubai to learn more about the country’s racing, culture and customs. For more details about this prize pleases see: http://www.britishhorseracing.com/press_releases/nominations-now-open-for-the-2016-godolphin-stud-and-stable-staff-awards/